8.25.2008

I survived my first day.

I still have to teach eight more classes this week, but one is DONE! I am so proud of myself. I was a little unsure of what was going on in the first 30 minutes, but once the third hour came around I was AWESOME. Just kidding.
I had fourteen 14-year-olds all looking at me like I was crazy. It took me quite awhile to realize they were talking to me when they said "teacher." (You think I'm kidding...) The video camera kind of freaked me out, but I'm sure I will get used to it soon.
I will keep you posted on the rest of my classes. Hopefully, I won't have any horribly, embarrassing story to post about though.
I have to move apartments now. I will finally have a home in Korea!

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Dalene F has a teacher outfit for you. Maybe she can mail it to you.

Mom

Unknown said...

"Teacher, teacher!" Danny didn't hear it or else didn't realize they were talking to him his first time out of the box either. It really freaked him as he couldn't hear the mild and meek voices and was so concentrated on the teaching that nothing else entered his mind. You are in great company! Have fun!

Dalene said...

Oooohh....good idea mom.

Dalene, the #1 rule for teaching is make them cry.