8.23.2008

Happy Birthday to me!

I wasn't going to blog about my own birthday (because that seems a little strange), but the nicest thing happened. Last night I was picked up by a CDI staff, Kevin. He asked me how old I was. I said 23. Then I realized it was past midnight, so I said, "Actually I have been 24 for 15 minutes."
Today I had to observe a class at my new school. The teacher was just talking and randomly a hand comes in the door and turns off the lights. Then they open the door and there is a beautiful cake with candles. They sang me happy birthday and made me blow out the candles. It was all very embarrassing, but sweet. There was even someone take photos of the whole thing. They haven't even known me for 24 hours yet! It cracked me up.
After the class, we ate the cake with chopsticks. No lie.

6 Comments:

liesel said...

Happy Birthday! I wish you had posted a picture of eating cake with chopsticks!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day! ~ marty m.

Mary Beth said...

Dalene! Happy Birthday! How sweet that you had a cake for your birthday.

Dalene said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Dalene, Happy Birthday! Sounds like you are doing well. God is so good! He's taking care of you. How nice that you have a SNU friend. Grandma

Cara said...

That is AWESOME! I want to eat cake with chopsticks!