10.30.2008

Subh Diwali!

It's hard to imagine that a year ago I was sweating it out waiting for all the Diwali candles to burn out in Nickerie, and now I'm eating gourmet coffee and cheesecake in a Daegu cafe. (I am still trying to figure out how I managed to gain 15 pounds eating out of LEAVES! And I can keep it off now even though I'm eating GOOD food???)
Some days I wake up and wonder where my mosquito net went and why the temperature has suddenly dropped. Other days I wake up and think about going to the Gap, but then I remember it's the crazy-expensive Gap, not the Outlet I'm used to. I am a very confused girl, but I am glad to have a few constants... Jen is one. I love having her here. I guess it's more that I am here for her since this is her "neck of the woods." I don't think that say that in Korea.


I am also thankful for my iTunes, taco seasoning, my Wii Fit, having a washing machine, high heels, Baskin Robbins, all my fav earrings, friendly Koreans and Jesus. He goes with me everywhere.

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

More than the "leaf eating" I think it was all our trips to Rituals and our bake-fests at your house (cupcakes, cookies, etc) that contributed to weight gain. But you look great now so forget about it...but after a year of picking out bugs in our food in Suriname, why would you voluntarily eat bugs here?? Gross!

~ Marty Alan Michelson, Ph.D. said...

you're great.