10.09.2008

A Compilation of Random Thoughts

I always have these ideas that I want to blog about, but it's never important to blog about just that one thing. So here is a post full of unimportant information...

1. I would first like to mention that Britney's song, "Womanizer" hit number one on the iTunes charts today. If that isn't proof of miracles, I don't know what is...

2. My camera is dying. I apologize for the lack of photos lately. Hopefully, I will be buying a new camera soon. Once I have the new camera, I plan to incorporate an "interactive" section into my blog. Stay tuned.

3. I had a nine year-old student tell me she wants to learn English because she wants to be a diplomat like Ban Ki-moon. Another nine year-old in the classroom said, "Oh, yeah me too." My reaction, "You want to be a what?" The whole classes response, "A DIPLOMAT, TEACHER!" I can say without a doubt that I did not know what a diplomat was when I was nine. And the only reason I know who Ban Ki-moon is now is because of Jennifer.

4. I was watching a Made for TV Movie the other day. Apparently, it appeared on CBS a couple years ago. It was called Category 6: Day of Destruction. I vaguely remember when it aired, but I had to IMDb it to be for sure. It's about a huge storm, so a part of the storyline was based in Norman at the Weather Center. They call one of the field agents and he says, "I'm just south of Bartlesville." How cool is that? I'm watching a totally random show in KOREA and they mention my hometown.

5. One of my older students has decided it's funny to call me "granny."

6. In one of my listening classes, we listen to a CNN news clip every week. We were listening to a clip about young people in India trying to live like Americans. I asked my students what it meant to "live like an American." The first answer: wearing your shoes in your house. So true.

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

hmm, We were taught at a very early age to not wear our shoes in the house. And now I have taught Danny the same. Funny how things transcend cultures and ethnicity.
Love the thoughts ... have you gotten a new camera yet?

Rebecca Rovenstine said...

GRANNY! hHAHHAHAhahahaha