9.25.2008

Why You Should Visit Korea: Reason #1

Last week Noelle, Molly (other teachers) and I went downtown to get facials. It was 18,000 won, which is a little less than $18 US. I think the last and only time I had a facial was when Nikki and I went through a two-week cosmetology school at Tri-County Tech. As you can probably predict, my expectations weren't very high.
This was so much better! It lasted about an hour and a half. I felt a little bad about it being so cheap. They don't even tip here. The only bad part about it was the mask. Towards the end, they put a mask all over your face, including your eyes. They tell you, "Eyes [pointing at eyes]...no [making an x with their fingers] ...open." I got the point. I was scared I was going to accidentally open my eyes. I wasn't sure what would happen, but I didn't want to find out. I finished first and looked over at Noelle and Molly with their masks. They looked like zombies.
Anyway, overall it was an amazing experience. They massaged my shoulders so hard they were sore for the next two days! If any of you are planning on visiting me, you can expect a visit to Skincare 5000. I think the $18 facial could be worth buying the $2000 plane ticket!

This is us in our lovely pink wraps. Noelle is doing the typical Korean pose. She's from Colorado.

3 Comments:

liesel said...

Sounds wonderful!

Unknown said...

Now there is something that I could really go for! One of my fav places is 10,000 Waves in Sante Fe. We tried to get a room this weekend but nada. In fact, nada for weeks to come. If your place is as popular as this one, they are doing great! Continue to enjoy!

Dalene said...

I LOVE facials...!!!

JEALOUS!!!