9.08.2008

English Skits

My listening class is given a scenario each week, and then they create a skit based on what they heard. This last scenario was a criminal trying to get through immigration with a fake passport.
The boys inevitably turn it violent, no matter what the scenario. This time they made paper guns that read "made in taliban." They made a paper bomb with the numerical keypad drawn on it. Then they pulled out an actual razor blade. If I was anywhere else I would have been concerned, but I just laughed. Apparently, they all carry them to cut paper in school. I tried to ask one kid why he doesn't just carry scissors. He said, "They are too heavy. They weigh me down and then they make me short." He's pretty funny.
The girls went up to do their skit and started drawing on the whiteboard. They wrote "Duty-Free, Welcome to JFK Airport." Then they lined the board with expensive purses. It was too funny. I don't ever remember being this creative in school.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

When you went to school - you wouldn't have known about duty free or name brands.

Dalene said...

When you come home, will you be a teacher? It seems like they love you!