11.04.2008

"O" is for Opera and Orthopedic

This morning Rachael and I went to an Opera Brunch with a group of women. It was a shortened version of Rigoletto held at the Daegu Opera House. It was nice, but 9 am is very early! My classes don't start until 4 pm, so I'm usually not awake that early. I felt bad because I kept falling asleep, but I looked around and a lot of people were sleeping also. Sure...say that I don't enjoy the arts...but you try staying awake through a two hour opera during your regular sleeping hours!
This afternoon I went to the doctor with one of the CDI staff members. She came to translate for me, but the doctor understood English pretty well. I have been having problems with my hips and neck. I wanted to see a chiropractor, but I was told it is a lot different here. Everyone kept telling me to go to an acupuncturist, but I wanted someone who could actually work on my spine. I ended up at the orthopedic doctor. He x-rayed my back only (not the neck or hips--the areas which I actually have problems). He told me I have scoliosis--I don't.
Then his treatment--"I recommend streches...maybe yoga."
My translator--"Can you give her some pictures?"
The doctor--"No, she can find some online."
He also prescribed Tylenol to me. Waste of time and money! I still have to visit the chiropractor and maybe even the acupuncturist. I haven't missed home very much, but I sure do miss my chiropractor right now!

2 Comments:

roxie denea said...

did you actually dress formal? how'd that work for ya??

Wendell Rovenstine said...

Sleeping at an Opera? How dare you.. Are you being enriched or bored to death. Even during the hours of your usual sleep the least you could do is give a little attention to the world of real culture. Come on woman from TGYF's heated you know what to sleeping at the Opera? Seems you have more than scoliosis. I think you may be Narcoleptic and a good dose of a OAKIE hoe down would cure you. WE ALL DO HOPE YOU GET BETTER SOON... OKAY???