11.12.2008

Happy Pepero Day!

As you are "celebrating" Veterans Day in the States, we are "celebrating" Pepero Day in Korea. A pepero is a cookie stick dipped in chocolate. On November 11 each year, young people share pepero sticks with people they like. It is a lot like Valentine's day, but just with this one kind of snack. Basically, it meant I had a room full of kids on sugar-highs from eating peperos all day. A couple of my students brought me peperos.


Lynn brought me a box of 100 calorie pack peperos. Such a sweet student looking out for her large American teacher. Helen Kim just wanted to get in the picture, but I think she's precious so I didn't mind.

And Tae Yon brought me a homemade pepero. I was very impressed. It was decorated with little candy hearts.

2 Comments:

Mary Beth said...

I want one of those.

dreamofeden said...

your kids are so cute Dalene! You must have so much fun some days!