11.13.2008

If you don't like feet, don't look!

As promised, here is my weekend in Seoul told through pictures.

Ariella was in Seoul, which was my main reason for visiting. Since I was already going, James, Rachael, Alpha and Jack decided to come also. They got to take part in our little Peace Corps reunion. It was my first time seeing Ariella and Levi since I left Suriname.

Since I was already in Seoul, I got to go to one of my favorite places...and I got in trouble for taking this picture. Apparently, it's not allowed. Oops!

We also went to Insadong. It's a touristy area with lots of traditional gifts, artwork, food, etc. There was a lot going on there this weekend though. Koreans love a man with a guitar!

Alpha asked if he could take his picture up there. It is the cart that a little girl was being pulled in during the parade. I was surprised they were so nice about it.

They were doing a public punishment and torture reenactment. It was fun to watch even though we had no clue what was going on.

I loved this couple. They were pounding rice to make some kind of rice cake. Alpha also asked if he could do this. They said yes. People are so nice in Korea!

Private karoake rooms, called noraebangs, are very popular in Korea. I've gone a few times, but this was the first time I actually sang. They had the new Jessica Simpson song though. I couldn't pass it up!


We also went to a restaurant that has a pool full of fish that eat your feet. They are called doctor fish. We accidentally took a family photo while we were there. This wasn't planned...I promise.

PREPARE FOR THE FEET PICTURE.
I am actually grossed out by feet (so I apologize), but I wanted you to get a good feel of what it's like. You can actually see them sucking on my feet. It felt really weird for the first five minutes, but then you get used to it. My feet were SO soft when I got out.

The Seoul Tower was behind us, but the person cropped that part of the picture out. Oh, well. It's a nice group shot. (It was SO cold in Seoul!)

4 Comments:

Mary Beth said...

I read an article on AOL about the fish pedicure. It sounded pretty cool. Nice pictures.

Jamie said...

Hey Dalene--

Glad you had a great trip to Seoul! Now, I'll have to get you to sing some karaoke for the group next week! ;):)

Have a wonderful weekend! We'll be out of town, so we won't be at church-- hopefully we can manage to be there at the same time soon! :):)

Love in Christ,
Jamie

Tim Rovenstine said...

Uhmnn..interesting. Your blog does the people of Korea well, you might offer to put some buttons of Google, promoting South Korea. Have you been to the 'non' tourist side of town?

Julie said...

WOW! Look at that Forever 21...paradise. Although, did you notice the manaquin in the foreground wearing the purple leggings as pants? Do the girls there not feel the need to cover their oh-so-tiny tushies?