12.18.2008

When a Stranger Calls...

With Skype I have a local Bartlesville phone number. It's nice because everyone in the States can call me for free. I have it set up to roll to my cell phone if I am not at my computer. The unfortunate part is I get lots of telemarketer calls on my cell phone at 2 am. I also get a lot of calls for "Tracy" and it's the same man! How many times do I have to tell a person this isn't Tracy's phone number???

Whenever a number from Skype calls my cell phone it shows up as 0900-XXXX. I got a call at 7 am the other day from this number. I ignored it. They called back, so I thought it might be an emergency. I answered to a man's voice I've never heard saying, "Oh, hello I want to talk to you." I said, "I don't want to talk to you. I'm hanging up now." He called back again. I silenced it and was starting to think the "roll to my cell phone" feature wasn't the best.

When I woke up around 10 (Give me a break--I don't work until 4 pm), I turned on my Skype and saw a voicemail from my caller. It really brightened my day. I hope it does yours as well.

***Sorry for the video format, blogger doesn't allow MP3 uploads.

8 Comments:

liesel said...

Thanks for a great laugh. So you have no idea who this person is? How hilarious. You need to save that one.

Mary Beth said...

He sounds like a nice person. He sounds really sincere, doesn't he?

Dalene said...

Really???? REALLY????

Is it funny "ha ha," or funny..."uncomfortable?"

bml said...

this brightened your day?!?! it kinda FREAKS me out! creepers.

Anonymous said...

Enter your phone number on:

https://www.donotcall.gov/

Maybe this will help. Though maybe you should find out what this nice guy wants???

Mom

Wendell Rovenstine said...

I am really glad to know that if this person finds your phone number via google that it will lead him to a Bartleville address. We really have a great police force in town and they respond really quick to 911 calls. Guess I now know why your mother wants you to do the https://www.donotcall.gov/ routine. Oh I forgot your dad takes care of intruders like the one who is calling you.

Tim Rovenstine said...

He needs to be in jail.

Julie said...

dalene! what a creeper! did i hear correctly that he called you, "my love" and told you to have "sweet dreams"? yikes!