12.27.2008

Christmas Letters

Letter #1 (written by a student who didn't finish her homework):
I didn't finish my M-learning (oral summary and speaking topic) because I forget to do does. And when the Sunday comes. Afternoon was busy, because that day, at the Church, the Birth of Jesus (Christmas) is coming, so, we start the worship at 9:00AM to 12:00PM And I was practice the dance for the worship. And we ate lunch, And 4:00 to 8:00, three years old to twenty three years old of people sing and dance. At my house I was very tired, so I slept. Sorry.

Letter #2 (written by a student I had last term):
To:
My favorite teacher Dalene
Hi teacher~My name is Lynn~
First.. Thank U for teach me for 3 months!
I can't forget you. you was very good teacher~
because. You are so beautiful and kind
Now my teacher is Tina. Tina is good teacher too!
Umm..... Tomorrow is Christmas!!!
Very happy Christmas! but you must come here (CDI)
But I think you want to meet your student.
I love you teacher and happy New Year
P.S. I'm sorry to can't give you present.
Because I don't know what's your perfect~
One more time~ I love you
MERRY CHRISTMAS
From your student
LYNN

4 Comments:

liesel said...

You must be loving that job.....

Dalene said...

Oh Dalene!!! How sweet!

I hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Doesn't the ol' heart go pitter-patter when you get things like this? Never mind the teacher instinct to correct, correct, correct, just reacting to the thought that went into each letter. I only hope that I will be so lucky!

Anonymous said...

Those letters are so cute. The funny thing is that I have had international university=level students whose English skills were at the same level as the girl. mfeisal