6.08.2008

I fell in love and had my heart broken yesterday.

Josh Turner, who has the most beautiful, deep voice you will ever here, was on stage last night. I couldn't help but notice how attractive he was. He had a gorgeous shiny, white smile. He was playing the guitar. Then he started singing about Jesus. I fell in love. Then he lifted up his left hand. There was a ring and my heart was broken. I am happy that he is happy, but it pains me that I will never find anyone as great as him. Well, I thought that until I came home and googled him. He has a hairy chest...really hairy. I'm not heartbroken anymore.
Nikki and I are having so much fun. There aren't as many hicks as I expected to see. We decided that is because the truly "country" people probably couldn't afford this. I have heard lots of SOUTHERN accents. I haven't seen as many mullets as I would like to, but I've seen plenty of cowboy hats and boots.
We have seen so many country artists I have to make a list so I can remember (and it's only after day two). So far we have seen Keith Anderson, Erika Jo (from the first season of Nashville Star), Mindy McCready, Phil Stacey (from American Idol), Kellie Pickler, Jessica Simpson (guest appearance, but she didn't sing), Jewel, Rascal Flatts (guest appearance) Taylor Swift, Sugarland, The Clark Brothers, Julie Roberts, Heartland, Lonestar, Jack Ingram, Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood, Josh Turner, Faith Hill, Keith Urban (guest appearance) and a ton more smaller named artists.
We are leaving for day three right now. You should all be jealous. Not only are we hearing great music, but we are getting lots of exercise and good tans too!

1 Comment:

liesel said...

And why didn't you post the picture of the hairy chest?