2.14.2009

Valentine's in Korea

It's not quite the excitement I remember from my elementary school days, but the students still seemed to be wild at CDI today. A few of my students gave me chocolate. One girl even gave me a fancy, expensive box. They got very excited about being able to eat Hershey's kisses during class. It doesn't take much...

As we were leaving the building, Alpha and I noticed there were hearts taped to the ground. They were a few feet apart trailing all around the school. We followed them for a while, but we got tired and gave up. It looked like they went on forever. We think they were advertising something, but most of them were blank. A few had writing, but I can only read a few Korean letters. Maybe someone can translate this for us (Jennifer)? I was impressed at all the work they went to. But is it a bad advertisement if you get too tired to actually make it to the destination?


Then our cab driver was trying to tell me and Alpha "Happy Valentine's Day." He kept saying "choc-o-lat day!" I had some extra Valentine's cards and candy (thanks to Jamie). Yes, that's our taxi driver with a High School Musical valentine. He was very happy about it too!

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

It says "Be Happy."....but I can't see what it says after "JEC"...