2.17.2009

Theft by Teachers

Yesterday a group of teachers and I ordered Subway. We had it delivered to the school. (Isn't Korea great?) It was in the break room while we were teaching and some other teachers stole some of it. I guess they thought it was a snack, but I thought it was a little presumptuous.

I was teaching older kids during that hour. I told them about it because I thought it was very strange. They just thought it was funny that teachers steal. I also had a Diet Coke stolen last week. They told me to start shaking up pop and put it in the fridge so I can catch the thief. Not a bad idea...

It was the last day of class, so at the end of the class they had to write me a letter. They had to say what they liked and didn't like about the class. None of them actually wrote about that. They just wrote nonsense, but they were pretty funny. Here is my favorite...

"(Guessing) This is happening about your dissapeared food. (My opinion) The sandwhich may have one days left to become trash. So people are sad about a large amount of sandwhich becoming huge trash. So they ate fastly. I write it very seriously, not joking."

I thought they were stealing, but maybe they were just being practical!

3 Comments:

Rebecca Rovenstine said...

well only tall and really skinny people CAN EAT SUBWAY!

Dalene said...

Ha Ha! I'm going to try the Diet Coke trick.

Wendell Rovenstine said...

Thank God for Subway. I will give you the exact dates of my stay in Busan. I am beginning to try to figure out how I am going to keep on my eating and walking routine while in Korea. They always take us to these very wonderful places to eat and by the end of a week you look and feel like a fat toad. Any suggestions? I cannot just say no so here in is my dilemma.