2.24.2009

The Noodle Factory


Rachael and I went with my Bible Study ladies and their children to see ramyun (ramen) being made. We went to the Nong Shim Noodle Factory. It was very exciting and enlightening! Did you know they fry the noodles? Now you can feel even worse about eating them!

Here are the highlights...


This machine makes 502 spice packets per minute. I really wished the man in white had been short and round. Then he really would have reminded me of an Oompa-Loompa.


These are carts full of spice packets that travel (on their own) to another part of the factory. They follow the yellow lines. I had a really cool video of us almost getting run over by one of these carts, but I accidentally deleted it. I know you are as sad as I am!


This is the machine that takes the raw dough and cuts into into noodles. Then it goes on to be steamed, fried and packaged.


They gave all of us these giant boxes with six different types of ramyun and three different types of chips.

5 Comments:

Rebecca Rovenstine said...

HOW NEAT! I want a free box of stuff!

Nikki said...

thats awesome!

Anonymous said...

Next time try to make it a chocolate factory. That would be something to write home about. Just love your blogs.

Granma H.

Anonymous said...

Gross. It's fried and has tons of MSG. I never knew that! I guess I do have something to think about next time... and I thought they just dried them...

Mary Beth said...

Dalene....what have you been doing? You need to blog.