7.20.2009

Acupuncture

Rachael decided that we needed to get some acupuncture before we leave Korea. I knew it was cheap and I'm always up for new experiences so I agreed. We found a place called "Oriental Medicine" near our apartments.


My friend Genie translated for us. The nurses thought it was a little strange that we didn't have pain, but wanted to get treatments anyway. Then they offered us tea.


We had to speak with the doctor next. He held our wrists, checking our pulses for a very long time. It seems like he was trying to be a fortuneteller. He said I had lots of stress and digestive problems. He told Rachael she had lots of stress and "waist" problems. So he treated my neck and Rachael's hip. The nurses gave us these lovely gowns and we had to lay down on marble slabs.


It was really uncomfortable. The doctor came in and put needles in my neck, back, ankle, forearm and head. The needles didn't bother me, but laying on the marble in an awkward position made my hands go numb. After the "treatment" was over I think I was actually starting to experience some pain. The doctor told me to come back, but I think once is enough acupuncture for me.

2 Comments:

Charissa said...

You are so weird!!

Unknown said...

I agree with Charissa.

Mom