3.30.2009

The days I wished I spoke Korean

Yesterday I woke up with a sore throat and a persistent cough. I went to the pharmacy near my house. The lady speaks a little English and knows the exact medicine I need when this happens. (I seem to get a cough here a lot.) Unfortunately, my pharmacy was closed. I went to the next closest one, but the man didn't speak English very well. I demonstrated my cough for him. He gave me a box of two normal-looking pills. I wanted to know if they were non-drowsy, so I made the sleepy face and said "no." He switched out one box of pills with these...

...Japanese pills with no instructions. I trusted the pharmacist though. I bought them, took them home and opened them up to see this...


...any clue what these are? Me neither, but I took them anyway. About an hour later I realized the pharmacist interpreted my "Are these non-drowsy?" as "I can't sleep." I couldn't have kept my eyes open even if you paid me. I guess the good news is I didn't have an allergic reaction and it was Sunday, so I didn't have to go to work.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Be careful you could become a druggie and not even know what drug you are addicted to.

Love Mom