10.06.2010

Summer

Now that it's fall, I guess I should say something about summer. I really wish I lived in some exotic foreign country, so I could post exciting things every day, but I don't. I live in Missouri. In addition to taking a couple classes this summer, I did a few other things. And I do mean few. Here they are in a single post:


I painted a dresser indoors. I wouldn't suggest it (even if you do have a large tarp). Luckily, I didn't get paint on the carpet, but it was very stressful.



I grew some pretty plants on my patio. I did eventually have some healthy tomatoes, but my friends got them because I was out of town when they ripened.


I also had a hummingbird feeder and a regular bird feeder on my patio. I saw lots of them, but didn't get any good photos. (I felt a little bit like an 80-year-old woman, but I'm okay with it.)


I went to South Dakota for a family vacation (without Becca) and fished with some of my favorite people.



I went to Tan-Tar-a Resort on Lake of the Ozarks with my family for church camp. My dad drove a boat. (Apparently, I wasn't very good at taking enough photos this summer.)



I got to see one of my favorite families at their welcome home from Korea party.


We had a very large Rovenstine family reunion in 100-degree weather. It was so hot I was unmotivated to take photos. This is the only one I took. Nanny loved being pushed around in that wheelchair all day.


I went to Vegas to meet up with some of my Peace Corps friends. It was such a short trip, but we had a good time.


Renana, Jon, Becca and I decided to make Nikki a strawberry shortcake with sour cream instead of whipped cream. She ate the entire thing without saying anything. Then we all laughed like 10 year olds.


I celebrated a birthday with the cutest 1-year-old boy I know! Nikki made the cake, and Isaiah did a good job eating it up.


Becca and I went to an OKC Redhawks game. I go for the popcorn and cotton candy. I couldn't even tell you who played. I think Becca paid attention to that stuff.


I celebrated my 26th birthday with my college friends. I thank Facebook and cell phones for helping us all stay close even though we live in four different states.

I helped throw a baby shower for Julie and baby Jude.

And that was my summer. Since school started, my life is classes and the occasional football game. Maybe I'll be motivated enough to do a "fall" post before winter.

6 Comments:

Charissa said...

I think you're a smart blogger. Get it all over with in one post.

Mary Beth said...

I'm glad you blogged. I was wondering what you did all summer.

not the crazy one said...

That's the first I've heard of the strawberry shortcake. it must not have been too bad.

~ Marty Alan Michelson, Ph.D. said...

You're alive! Super.

The Rigsby's said...

Cute dress on your Bday!!

Annie said...

Dalene! It has been too long. I very much enjoyed catching up on your happenings over the past few months. I've very proud of you for your planting and 80-year-old woman hobbies. :)
Also, it was very fun to see the pic of you and Jamie. What a great group of women from PWOC. I will always hold those experience in bible study together as dear.